Watching the eyes of your children light up as they enter their newly decorated bedroom is certainly a great reward. Fortunately, there is no need to be highly artistic to add beautiful touches to a dull room. Wall graphics are extremely easy to install and make a great substitute to hanging pictures. Apart from this, they can also add a bit of style and color to a rented house where changing the color is not a choice.
How to Choose and Apply a Wall Graphic
- Select a wall graphic that reflects the hobbies and interests of the child. Wall graphics are available in a range of styles, sizes and colors. Stick to those that represent a favorite sport, character, color, or general style that the child enjoys.
- Decide on the location- look around the room and mark all the blank spaces of the walls. This will help you get an idea of how much area you have to work with and the size of wall graphics.
- Clean the space on the wall where you’d like to place the decal. The area should be absolutely free of dirt, dust, grime and grease for the graphic to stick properly. Make use of a de-greasing cleaner, and a soft cloth. Rinse carefully with water, and let the area dry out completely.
- Tear off a few pieces of a masking tape. Stick the top edge of the decal to the wall where you want the graphic to be.
- Peel the back layer off of the graphics, and stick them to the surface. Most graphics are created from vinyl and can be removed and reapplied easily. Hence, if you’re not able to get them just right for the first time, you will have the chance to change.
- Put up wall graphics in places that are unexpected. Graphics should certainly not be limited to walls. Place them on the windows, doors, mirrors, shelving and even tiles. You can even stick small wall graphics on plastic lampshades, wastebaskets, and the like.
- In case the vinyl decal you’re trying to install is too big, you might want a friend to help you. The ideal temperature of the room in which you’ll install the graphics should be somewhere between forty five and ninety degrees Fahrenheit.
- Eliminate small air bubbles in the vinyl decal after a couple of days. Just poke them with a sharp needle to push them down. Also, do not try to install a large vinyl graphics on a surface that has just been painted. Wait for a minimum of three days. Also, in case the area is very moist -- above ninety percent -- you can experience trouble when you install the large decal. Hence, wait for the right weather conditions.
There are several companies that offer a variety of wall murals and stickers. These products come in motifs and themes fit for any kid’s room. From small self-stick graphics to life-sized dinosaur graphics, there is something for every wall. Few of the most ingenious mural and sticker products even include vinyl growth charts, wall borders and popular themes such as, sports stickers, prince and princess, cartoon characters, Disney movies and a lot more! Some companies also allow you to create your own design. You can give them your feedback and the designers create murals especially for you.
There are several sign makers in California that use hi-quality material and prints to create wall graphics. They also have a team of designers who look after the quality of design. To find out about such companies look them up online. Most providers have websites depicting the services they provide and previous work.