In what is otherwise a relatively-low innovation industry, the signage or display advertising industry has seen a lot of innovation in recent years. The past few years have witnessed tremendous transformation and innovation in signage since the time they hit the mainstream market in the 1950s.
Digital signage goes a step further and has completely changed the way marketers and brands seek to promote their products or services. It has become an integral part of marketing strategy and as per Grand View Research, a market research and consulting company, the global digital signage market is expected to gross USD 20.03bn by 2020.
Types of Digital Signage
Whether it’s replacing your poster or hoarding with an LCD screen, utilizing a touch screen kiosk or ordering your food via a touch screen at a restaurant, digital signage is ubiquitous. They vary in size and are determined by their use.
· Indoor signage: Theseuse HD screens which can be controlled by computers to choose the display content. These are prevalent in office buildings, malls, stores and restaurants.
· Outdoor signage: Thesehave tougher and larger screens which can weather the elements and are far more eye-catching, given their use.
· Then there are posters, wall-mounted displays or stand-alone displays which can be placed in almost any location,while also being durable.
Marketers can choose from these broadtypes of digital signage based on their need and budget.
Advantages of Digital Signage
· Real-Time Content- One of the biggest advantages of digital signage is that you have complete control of your content on a daily basis. Marketers can push latest information to customers making their marketing efforts far more relevant, which in turn could lead to higher conversion rates.
· Low Creative Development Cost- It is far easier to get new ads or content created for digital signages than it is for posters. The turnaround time is faster for the designer, while the upload time is almost instant, making it a very simple process to keep pushingnew creatives.
· Reduced ‘Perceived Wait Times’ - When customers are waiting in line or when you are trying to keep customers engaged, digital signage can be made dynamic and used to keep them fully engaged. Whether it’s pushing the latest offers at your store, or sharing information on upcoming products, your customer will not realize the time they have spent waiting for you to attend to them.
· Interactive Signages- Digital signage can be made interactive which further enhances customer experience. Customers will spend more quality time at your establishment through engaging interactive solutions. These would not only keep them enthralled but being extremely informational,would also address their needs.
As marketers across the globe find innovative ways to grab their customers’ attention, digital signage will continue to play an immense role in the marketing mix. The ease-of-use and the ability to target customers with good content in real-time, make Digital Signage a compelling solution inmarketing strategy.